TELEHOUSE LONDON Docklands North
TELEHOUSE LONDON Docklands North opened in 1990, it was the first purpose-built colocation data center in Europe. TELEHOUSE North has been the primary home of the London Internet Exchange since 1994 and continues to be one of the most heavily connected data centers in the world. It is ideal for telecom providers, financial trading exchanges, media and gaming companies that require speed, reliability and reach. TELEHOUSE North is one of four TELEHOUSE data centers within London and is placed adjacent to the existing sites in the heart of London’s Docklands.
TELEHOUSE North is a 7 floor multi-storey steel and concrete construction providing high levels of security, power, cooling and technical support to put your mind at ease and ensure business continuity.
The North facility offers 9,717 m2 highly secure colocation space in London Docklands. TELEHOUSE North benefits from the on-site primary substation, located on the TELEHOUSE Docklands Campus, with total capacity of 50MVA with cooling and two 132kV power lines directly connected to the National Grid reducing transmission losses.
All data centers at the TELEHOUSE London Docklands Campus are powered with 100% renewable energy.
- Colocation & Hosting:
- TELEHOUSE North can provide Shared Facilities Management (SFM) and Dedicated Facilities Management (DFM)
- Average power per rack - 1 to 3kW
- 3 x multiple diverse power route incoming feeds
- 4 x Generators with N +1 redundancy
- 15 mins of UPS battery autonomy with N+1 or N+N redundancy depending on location
- Environment and Air Conditioning:
- Air conditioning at N+1 redundancy
- The heat rejection system is 30% glycol and condensed water which utilizes dry heat rejection condensers on the rooftop
- Full function, closed control air conditioning system, with cooling, humidity and de-humidification control
- Room design temperature: 22 degrees C, plus or minus 1 degree C. Room humidity: 50% rH. Plus 10% or minus 10% rH
- External Temperature Design: 35 degree C Dry Bulb
- There is a redundant “A” & “B” pipe work route to the roof top condenser system and N+1 pump system in the North Building to circulate the glycol condensed water to the data center in-room air package equipment
- Carrier neutral facility offering customers freedom of choice
- Direct access to over 100 carriers
- With the Interlink Service clients can connect to any carrier from any TELEHOUSE data center
- Hosts the London Internet Exchange allowing low-latency connectivity
- Fire Detection & Suppression:
- Very early smoke detection alarms (VESDA) installed throughout the facility
- Fully addressable two stage fire detection system that monitors both under-floor and the room itself
- Detectors with 50% mix of optical and ionization are split across 2 separate zonal-loops, to meet BS 5839, 6266, 5445 and 5588
- Dry sprinkler fire detection system to meet BS 5306, 3115 and with LFEPA approval.
- Ceilings, walls, floors and doors comply with RF90 (fire resistance 90 mins) in DC areas, telecom and plant areas
- Security System:
- Perimeter protected by alarmed fences and PIR detection.
- Gated entrances manned combined with a security management system to ensure no unauthorized access to the site.
- Movement activated CCTV coverage for the Perimeter, Entrances and Loading Docks, Common areas reception and corridors and of course our state of the art suites.
- Single point of entry to our main facilities controlled by time limited access cards combined with card Independent client card identification access system and integrated digital video camera surveillance.
- Proximity card access is provided from the main data center building and is issued to provide access only to authorized facilities management suites.
- Strict security processes are in place to ensure delivery and loading of goods are secure.
- Doors fitted with alarms that immediately report back to a manned security suite when unauthorized access is attempted or doors are forced or held open.
- A highly trained Security presence 24/7 to ensure that you and your nominated staff gain authorized access to the facility whenever you require, day or night
- ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management Standard
- ISO 14001:2004 Environmental Management System Standard
- ISO/IEC 27001:2005 Information Security Management
- PCI – DSS (Payment Card Industry – Data Security Standard) Attestation
- BS 25999-2:2007 Business Continuity Management
- The Carbon Trust Standard
|ANLX (Associated Networks)||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Andrews & Arnold||✓|
|Cable & Wireless||✓||✓||✓|
|Clear IP Networks||✓|
|Dimension Data (Internet Solution Pty)||✓|
|Equant (Orange Business Services)||✓||✓|
|France Telecom (Orange Business Services)||✓||✓|
|Griffin Information Systems||✓|
|Noris Network AG||✓|
|Opal Business Solutions||✓||✓|
|PO Box Hosting||✓||✓|
|TMI Telemedia (Telecom Italia)||✓||✓|
|UK Grid Network Ltd||✓|
|Xtraordinary Networks Ltd||✓||✓|